Terms & Conditions
The Dufferin Biz Hub is a project of the Dufferin Board of Trade (DBOT), a non-profit community-building organization dedicated to helping local businesses and non-profits thrive. The Dufferin Biz Hub is a professional business centre providing meeting space, co-working desks, private offices, high-speed internet, resources and supports to entrepreneurs and non-profits in our area.
Use of Dufferin Biz Space and Services
As a member of the Dufferin Biz Hub it is presumed that you own and operate your own business or are an authorized representative of a business or non-profit that serves the Dufferin area. It is understood you are not an employee of the Dufferin Board of Trade. The Dufferin Biz Hub space is to be utilized exclusively for business purposes and not residential purposes.
Member Etiquette & Community Building
The Dufferin Biz Hub was created to further DBOT’s community building goal. As a member of the Biz Hub, it is expected you will help your fellow local business leaders by demonstrating a respect for others and for the Hub space itself. To foster an enjoyable work environment for all Hub members, please:
- be mindful not to frequently interrupt others or over-engage in social chatting, loud noises, or playing audio on speakers in common work areas;
- adhere to the confidentiality agreement (as outlined below);
- enjoy the convenience of our resources but don’t abuse them - refreshments, paper and other supplies are for consuming while at the Hub;
- return any items moved or borrowed to their original locations;
- be responsible and respectful with your internet usage. No bit-torrent or illegal online activities are permitted by members or their guests over the Hub Internet connection;
- be mindful of others when using your phone. For prolonged calls or phone meetings, consider booking the meeting room;
- remember there is absolutely no smoking or vaping permitted in the building or within 10m of any entrance;
- understand that use of illegal substances, or being intoxicated/impaired while on the Business Hub premises is prohibited; and
- adhere to our zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate behaviour or harassment in our space.
Given the nature of a co-working space, it is possible that participants may overhear or become privy to confidential information relating to DBOT, its members, or any other Dufferin Biz Hub participants or their clients. As a Biz Hub participant, you agree that no such confidential information shall be divulged in any form, nor used directly or indirectly for any purpose. This includes, but is not limited to: electronic or paper files, mailed correspondence, archived documents, overheard phone conversations, meetings etc.
Use of Mailing Address
Certain Biz Hub plans include use of mailing address. If this is part of your package, we will receive your mail or parcels and hold it for you for up to 30 days. DBOT is not responsible for securing your incoming packages. We have limited space to hold mail for our members and ask you to please check your mail regularly. DBOT will not be held responsible for lost or undelivered mail or packages.
DBOT makes every effort to provide fast and reliable internet access. Due to forces outside of our control, it is possible we may experience outages from time to time. We do not provide refunds or compensate members for internet down-time. While the Hub features the best internet available in our rural area, we cannot guarantee quality of IP voice or video communications. To ensure sufficient bandwidth for all Hub participants, we ask that no movie video streaming take place over our Internet.
Wireless access points are unsecured connections to the internet. The Dufferin Board of Trade is not responsible for data transmitted or loss of information over the wireless network. Users should be aware that third parties may be able to obtain information about users' activities when using the wireless service to connect to the internet. We assume no responsibility for the security and privacy of on-line transactions. Wireless users are responsible for the protection of their devices from viruses, spyware and spam. DBOT is not responsible for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations. The HUB provides basic instructions on how to connect to the network but is not able to provide technical assistance.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
While DBOT looks after general housekeeping and arranges bi-weekly cleaning in the Hub, please remember that you share this space with others. Please don’t leave your garbage lying around. Clean up after yourself and your guests. Don’t leave dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink – please put them in the dishwasher or wash them by hand. Please leave the meeting room, desks, and common spaces tidy when you leave them, ready for the next member to enjoy.
Please help us keep our environmental impact to a minimum with a few simple things:
- Last one out of meeting rooms, private offices, or the building, please turn off the lights.
- Please don’t adjust the thermostat. We do our best to keep a comfortable working temperature for everyone. If you are repeatedly too cold or too warm, please let us know so we can adjust accordingly with everyone in mind.
Minimize waste and use the correct bins:
- Green bins: paper towels, paper plates, shredded paper, food waste
- Blue box: Paper, cans, bottles, plastics (excluding #6 plastic)
- Garbage: Take out coffee cups, non-recyclable or compostable materials
At this time the Dufferin Biz Hub operates without a receptionist. As such, all Dufferin Biz Hub participants are expected to greet their own guests in the foyer and show respect for all guests in the building.
Occupants of the private office space are required to provide a certificate of liability insurance (minimum 2-million dollars) naming the Dufferin Board of Trade as additional insured. Renters insurance is optional, but strongly recommended as the Dufferin Board of Trade holds no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged items left in the building or parking lot/outdoor space.
Dufferin Biz Hub participants release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless the Dufferin Board of Trade and its subsidiaries, Directors/Officers, members and staff, jointly and individually from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Dufferin Biz Hub and its services.
Meeting Room, Board Room, and co-working desk space is to be booked online at www.dufferin.biz
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions are subject to review and change at any time. The most current Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Dufferin.Biz website. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions could result in cancellation of Hub membership and building access revoked.